TOM1- Silicon Photonics and integrated optics
The focus of this topical meeting is to explore new trends and applications, particularly, in the field of silicon photonics, but also in guided-wave optics and related areas. The applications range from devices for data centre applications to mid-infrared (MIR) sensing. New developments based on waveguide devices, enhanced light-matter interactions, or energy-efficient photonics materials are particularly welcome.
• Design, simulation, modelling and fabrication of optical interconnects
• Optical on chip routing architectures and technologies and related design concepts for high speed
• Low power photonic integrated circuits (PICs)
• CMOS-compatible optical sources and detectors
• Optimization of light emission and absorption for data processing using materials such as SiGe, SiN, TaO5, III/IVs, etc.advanced monolithic and hybrid processing techniques for the fabrication of photonic structures
• Devices and strategies for the advancement of PICs in silicon and other materials, including advances in testing and packaging