Session chair checklist
Session Chair Responsibilities
Before the Conference:
- Please view the Technical Program for information about the session you are chairing:
- Contacting the presenters in your session(s) is a way of ensuring their attendance and commitment to the meeting.
- Register for the meeting www.conftool.com/wpc2019
At the Conference:
- Check for any late program updates on the Conference App https://www.conftool.com/wpc2019/sessions.php
- Mark any “No-shows” on the Session Report form and give feedback to organizers
- Return the forms to the EOS Registration Desk
Chairing the Session:
- Introduce the session topic
- Introduce the speakers
- Maintain the program schedule- Keep time and let the speaker know when they are out of time! (Attendees get annoyed easily if the schedule does not keep)
- Be prepared for the unexpected! (Prepare topics in advance in case of a no show)
- If you find a presenter has failed to attend:
- Note the no show on the Session Report form
- DO NOT move to the next paper. Attendees plan for the talks they want to hear based on the published schedule.
- Choose one of these options:
- Fill in the *hole* with a standby paper (if there are no official standby authors for your session, make arrangements in advance to have one or two *no strings* [no manuscript] presenters on hand)
- Open the floor to an extended Q&A session for speakers who have already presented
- Have one or two controversial topics ready for discussion
- Bring a topic on your laptop for presentation and/or discussion
- Open the floor for discussion on any topic of interest to the audience
- Start the next talk at its published, scheduled time.
Download the session report: Instructions for session chairs wpc2019 (109.46 KB).
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the chairs or the EOS conference team.
Phone: +358 50 592 4693