The EOSAM Topical Meeting presentations will be available to registered attendees during the conference week as on-demand sessions.
Attendees can ask questions from the speakers during the week, and we ask our authors to respond to all questions by Thursday 14:00 CEST.
All sessions will be unavailable after Friday 11 September. The online proceedings will be published on 7 September 2020, and shared with all registered attendees.
Have a look below for the schedule of all EOSAM plenary talks, and the list of speakers within all Topical meeting sessions (ondemand).
Several topical meetings (TOMs) are planned in parallel for the EOSAM. See details for the TOMs and sessions from below list.
Submissions are welcomed for oral and poster presentations.
Presenters at EOSAM are kindly invited to consider the submission of a manuscript of their research to the EOS open-access online journal
JEOS: RP (Journal of the European Optical Society, Rapid Publications, jeos.springeropen.com).
The special “EOSAM 2020” issue includes all topics of the topical meetings.
Publication fee: 900 EUR for EOS Members, 1690 EUR Non-members
Submissions for the special issue opens on 7 September 2020, and ends on 12 November 2020.
JEOS:RP publishes articles about recent scientific research and technological innovation as well as review papers about a topic in science or innovation from the recent past. A contribution should be original and will be subjected to the journal’s standard anonymous peer review process for scientific quality.
Publish your research online, no travel required!
SUBMISSION IS EXTENDED UNTIL 10 June
SUBMIT HERE: https://www.conftool.com/eosam2020
As EOSAM takes an online form this year, due to Covid-19, we want to support our researchers and will provide a platform for authors to publish their research (all topics included). All accepted abstracts will be published in the online conference proceedings in September, with no travelling required.
As this year is exceptional, and it is hardly possible to get new scientific findings published fast, to help the researchers, we extended the
submission deadline until 10 June 2020.
Normal review process is included, and all submitted and accepted papers will be published in the EOSAM online proceedings, open access, in the Web of Sciences, with DOI and indexation to CrossRef®.
In addition, authors will be asked to present the talk online (voluntary), either as live or pre-recorded. More details provided soon.
Submissions (2-page abstract) are welcomed for all the topical meetings (all topics of optics included!).
The topics are listed on each topical meeting site. Each topical meeting has their own program committee and chairs who will review the submissions.
Tuesday, 03 December, 2019
Thursday, 10 June (Extended)
Informing authors about acceptance
18 June 2020
Speaker registration deadline (payment visible on EOS bank account)
25 June 2020
- Abstracts are submitted online via Conftool: https://www.conftool.com/eosam2020
- Authors are requested to submit a 2-page abstract, which is formatted according to the Submission Guidelines
- All accepted contributions for the topical meetings (2- page abstracts) are to be published on the EOSAM online proceedings*. The Authors retain the copyright of their abstracts.
- At least one author per submission is requested to register for the meeting.
* All accepted 2-page abstracts will be added in a printed version of the proceedings after the conference, published with Curran Associates.
In addition, all accepted 2-page abstracts will be added to the online proceedings, published with EDP Sciences, in the Web of conferences, with with DOI and indexation to CrossRef®. However, if the publication right form is not submitted, the abstract will not be included in the online proceedings published after the conference. Publication in the online conference proceedings is included for one abstract per registration.
The online proceedings are indexed in main databases and are available online, starting 7 September.
Please follow the procedure described below:
The abstract should be formatted according to the template provided (1 file: 2-pages, A4 paper size, 2-columns).
The macropackage in LaTeX2e, designed for Web of Conferences, is available via anonymous ftp from the ftp server:
Microsoft Word guidelines
Word template for abstracts (33.08 KB).
2) Publication right form
Download and sign the publication right form:
Fill electronically: Publication right form eosam2020 electr (203.53 KB)
Fill manually: Publication right form eosam2020 (208.72 KB)
When submitting your 2-page abstract to Conftool, submit also this signed form. If this form is not submitted, the abstract will NOT be included in the online proceedings, published in September. It will, however, be included in the printed version of the proceedings, published by Curran Associates after the conference.
3) Important when submitting
- Select the correct topical meeting ("TOM") in the submission phase (13 different TOMs and some special sessions to choose from).
Double-check your choice. Please note that the abstract may be rejected if submitted to the wrong topical meeting.
- The abstract should be written in English
- Make sure the file is a camera-ready PDF. Follow carefully the Pdf guidelines (301.52 KB).
- Extra care should be taken when preparing the authors and reference lists. The online references within the proceedings will be linked to their original source, via CrossRef, ONLY IF the references are correctly presented. The submitting author is responsible for ensuring the abstract is created according to the template and guidelines provided.
Be careful, no extra corrections will be made after publication! You must carefully check your article, including:
- authors’ names
(which are the most common mistakes).
4) Before submitting the camera-ready PDF file,
- Please check the quality of the final PDF document at http://pdf-analyser.edpsciences.org/
- Remember that:
- Fonts must be embedded in all PDF files
- The quality of the digital images should be at least 300 dpi
5) Submit: https://www.conftool.com/eosam2020
Conference papers may be updated, or enhanced, for further publication as a regular journal article, including submission to journals not published by EDP Sciences. Journal articles derived from work previously published in conference proceedings must contain a substantial amount of new or previously unpublished results. Articles published in Web of Conferences can be uploaded on repository sites (like arXiv) provided the authors cite the source or, if not published yet, they add a note stating that the article is under consideration with Web of Conferences.
The copyright is retained by the author(s) under the Creative Commons Attribution license, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Authors grant EOS/EDP Sciences a license to publish their article and identify EDP Sciences as the original publisher. They also grant any third party the right to use, distribute and reproduce the article in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
An industrial Exhibition will be held from Wednesday 9th to Thursday 10th September 2020 at the conference venue, FEUP, outside the session rooms.
In support of companies, we offer a possibility of cancellation/full reimbursement by 20 July for all booths. This means there are no risks for your company to register at this time.
More than 500 scientists and professionals from around the world are expected to attend the EOSAM 2020. The list of attendees includes key leaders, decision-makers, and industry experts. This is an exciting opportunity for companies to exhibit their latest products, new solutions, and company information.
This tabletop exhibition will allow companies to present and promote their products among the conference attendees. On both days, one to two hours will be reserved as exhibition-only time. Moreover, all poster sessions and coffee breaks on these days will be held around the exhibition space, thus maximizing visibility of the companies and creating a great environment for efficient discussions.
All attendees have free access to the exhibition, and all exhibitors will have free access to all scientific program sessions, and social program.
Make a booking by 31 July: https://www.conftool.com/eosam2020.
First come, first served.
2.300 € (PRICE REDUCED BY 500€ for EOS Corporate Members)
- Exhibition space, 6 sqm (2x3m), includes the space (without walls) with a carpet, chair, and a table. Additional chairs can be added if several representatives attend.*)
- One (1) conference and exhibition entrance ticket to company representative, including coffees, lunches, welcome reception, excursion, dinner, and other social program.
Admission to all topical meeting sessions, poster sessions, and other scientific program also included.
- Displaying the company logo on the official EOSAM2020 website www.eosam2020.org, under “Exhibitors”
- Social media posting about the company prior to event, with a link to company home page
- Placement of the company name and logo in the printed program book under “Exhibitors”
- 10 % discount on all additional advertisements and sponsoring opportunities
*)Additional space and entrance tickets for multiple company representatives are available, please consult the conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a look at the sponsorship opportunities.
We provide several packages, for various needs and budgets to maximize the visibility of your company. Several packages also include the exhibition space.
In case you cannot find a suitable package online, please let us know and we will make a unique solution for your company.
FEUP - Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto
Rua Dr. Roberto Frias