Information for Live Speakers
For all speakers taking part in the live sessions
You will speak at a live webinar of the EOSAM 2020. Here are some instructions before the session takes place.
You should receive your unique speaker link before the conference week (Link will be sent 1-4 September 2020). If you do not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Well in advance before the conference, please test your connection: https://app.livestorm.co/connectivity-test (video, audio, and internet speed)
Please, only use GOOGLE CHROME as browser.
Use a computer/laptop (You cannot use video/audio with a mobile device, and there will be a 15 s delay.)
Other items to check
- As a presenter, we recommend 15Mb/s up and down for optimal results. A minimum of 5Mb/s is necessary to upload your live stream. Livestorm will downgrade your video quality and give priority to audio if you don't have enough bandwidth. Run tests here.
- Your connection speed is not the only factor. You have to also look for connection stability aka the number of people connected to that same connection. The connection stability will impact the number of packets lost during a live session. Therefore, try to use Ethernet over Wifi and ask your team to not saturate the network.
- Before the session is scheduled, please join the session with the unique link you received. Be prepared to go on stage with video (or at least audio), once invited by the session chair.
- If you want, you can send files throught the chat function with either Dropbox or Google Drive.
Livestorm works with WebRTC which is a rather new technology that might require some network configuration within larger companies with secured firewalls. Here are the items you will need to check with your IT department:
Open TCP port 443
Whitelist the following domains:
*.intercom.io [if you would like our live chat support messenger]
Let the websockets through and allow connections on wss://ws.livestorm.co
Open UDP port 3478
UDP is highly recommended over TCP for better quality audio and video. The protocol favors timeliness over reliability which is consistent with the human perceptive preferences; where we can fill in gaps but are sensitive to time-based delays. For the best possible experience, we recommend opening UDP ports 1025 - 65535.
Once you're done with the settings you should be good to go! In case you run into any issues, here are some tips to troubleshoot:
- If the problem persists ask your IT to unblock web sockets, the 443 ports for video streaming and the WebRTC protocol. See section above "Firewall settings".
- In the meantime try joining from a different network like a 4G mobile network. Or dial-in to the webinar to get the audio.
Tip: Don't forget to pause your Google Drive sync or any other bandwidth consuming apps during your webinar.
For more information, please visit the Livestorm help page: https://support.livestorm.co/article/19-technical-requirements-livestorm
The live sessions during the conference week:
Monday 7 September
12:00-14:00 CEST EOS Annual General Assembly (unique link has been sent to all speakers)
Tuesday 8 September
10:00-10:30 CEST Opening of the conference
10:30-11:15 CEST Plenary Speech by Yuri Kivshar
Wednesday 9 September
14:00-14:45 CEST Plenary Speech by Hatice Altug
Thursday 10 September
14:00-14:45 CEST Plenary Speech by Luis Plaja
Friday 11 September
14:00-14:45 CEST Plenary Speech by José Luís Campos Oliveira Santos
14:45 - 15:00 CEST Closing words