Oral and poster submissions
SUBMISSION IS EXTENDED UNTIL 30 APRIL!
SUBMIT HERE: https://www.conftool.com/eosam2020
CALL FOR PAPERS
Please be informed that EOSAM is still scheduled to take place as planned, 7-11 September 2020 in Porto. Nevertheless, we are monitoring the situation closely. The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance for us, and we will be following the recommendations of officials on the matter. Our hearts go out to all those affected by the corona virus. We hope that the situation will be significantly improved by autumn, and that we can welcome you all in beautiful Porto after the summer.
We extended the submission deadline to accommodate to the current circumstances and restrictions. The new submission deadline is 30 April. Early-bird fees and other dates will also be shifted, have a look below for new dates.
Abstracts submitted by the original submission deadline, 26 March, will be reviewed and the authors will be informed according to the original timeline.
EOSAM includes several topical meetings and special sessions, for which 2-page abstracts are welcomed prior to the meeting.
Submissions are welcomed for both oral and poster presentations.
The topics are listed on each topical meeting site. Each topical meeting has their own program committee and chairs who will review the submissions.
Tuesday, 03 December, 2019
Thursday, 30 April 2020
(Extended from 26 March, 2020)
Informing authors about acceptance
Monday, 1 June 2020 *)
Speaker registration deadline
Monday, 15 June 2020
End of June 2020
*) Abstracts submitted by the original submission deadline, 26 March, will be reviewed and the authors will be informed according to the original timeline, by 30 April.
- Abstracts are submitted online via Conftool: https://www.conftool.com/eosam2020
- Authors are requested to submit a two-page abstract, which is formatted according to the Submission Guidelines
- Indicate the preference format of your presentation (oral/poster) in the submission procedure in Conftool
- Companies are offered an option to submit an industrial poster for increased visibility
- All accepted and presented contributions for the topical meetings (2- page abstracts for oral or poster) are to be published on the EOSAM proceedings*. The Authors retain the copyright of their abstracts.
- At least one author per submission is requested to register for the meeting. PLEASE NOTE: Due to parallel program, one author may present only one paper. For multiple papers, multiple presenters are required to register.
* All accepted and presented 2-page abstracts will be added in a printed version of the proceedings after the conference, published with Curran Associates.
In addition, all accepted and presented 2-page abstracts will be added to the online proceedings, published with EDP Sciences, in the Web of conferences. However, if the publication right form is not submitted, the abstract will not be included in the online proceedings published after the conference. Publication in the online conference proceedings is included for one abstract per registration.
The online proceedings are indexed in main databases and are available online after the conference. At least one author per submission is required to register for the meeting.
Please follow the procedure described below:
The abstract should be formatted according to the template provided (1 file: 2-pages, A4 paper size, 2-columns).
The macropackage in LaTeX2e, designed for Web of Conferences, is available via anonymous ftp from the ftp server:
Microsoft Word guidelines
Word template for abstracts (33.08 KB).
2) Publication right form
Download and sign the publication right form:
Fill electronically: Publication right form eosam2020 electr (203.53 KB)
Fill manually: Publication right form eosam2020 (208.72 KB)
When submitting your 2-page abstract to Conftool, submit also this signed form. If this form is not submitted, the abstract will NOT be included in the online proceedings, published after the conference. It will, however, be included in the printed version of the proceedings, published by Curran Associates after the conference.
3) Important when submitting
- Select the correct topical meeting ("TOM") in the submission phase (13 different TOMs and some special sessions to choose from).
Double-check your choice. Please note that the abstract may be rejected if submitted to the wrong topical meeting.
- The abstract should be written in English
- Make sure the file is a camera-ready PDF. Follow carefully the Pdf guidelines (301.52 KB).
- Extra care should be taken when preparing the authors and reference lists. The online references within the proceedings will be linked to their original source, via CrossRef, ONLY IF the references are correctly presented. The submitting author is responsible for ensuring the abstract is created according to the template and guidelines provided.
Be careful, no extra corrections will be made after publication! You must carefully check your article, including:
- authors’ names
(which are the most common mistakes).
4) Before submitting the camera-ready PDF file,
- Please check the quality of the final PDF document at http://pdf-analyser.edpsciences.org/
- Remember that:
- Fonts must be embedded in all PDF files
- The quality of the digital images should be at least 300 dpi
5) Submit: https://www.conftool.com/eosam2020
Conference papers may be updated, or enhanced, for further publication as a regular journal article, including submission to journals not published by EDP Sciences. Journal articles derived from work previously published in conference proceedings must contain a substantial amount of new or previously unpublished results. Articles published in Web of Conferences can be uploaded on repository sites (like arXiv) provided the authors cite the source or, if not published yet, they add a note stating that the article is under consideration with Web of Conferences.
The copyright is retained by the author(s) under the Creative Commons Attribution license, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Authors grant EOS/EDP Sciences a license to publish their article and identify EDP Sciences as the original publisher. They also grant any third party the right to use, distribute and reproduce the article in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Presenters at EOSAM are kindly invited to consider the submission of a manuscript of their research to the EOS open-access on-line journal JEOS: RP (Journal of the European Optical Society, Rapid Publications, jeos.springeropen.com).
Publication fee: 900 EUR for EOS Members, 1650 EUR Non-members (Possible changes may occur on fees in 2020)
JEOS:RP publishes articles about recent scientific research and technological innovation as well as review papers about a topic in science or innovation from the recent past. A contribution should be original and will be subjected to the journal’s standard anonymous peer review process for scientific quality.