Submissions are accepted for oral and poster presentations, for all topical meetings. 2-page abstracts will be reviewed by the program committees of each Topical Meeting. For the Early Stage Researcher session, only oral presentations are accepted (same template for abstracts).
The conference will be held onsite in Rome, Italy. For those who cannot (or do not want to) attend in person, we will offer a hybrid option (online presentation/attendance).
While we strongly aim for an in-person meeting with some hybrid elements, the final form will depend on the sanitary and legal situation at the time of the meeting.
Submission has closed.
Submission of final abstracts, and the registration is open for submitting authors:
28 February 2021
Thursday, 10 June (FINAL EXTENSION)
Informing authors about acceptance
Thursday, 1 July
Conference Program -Overview
Thursday, 8 July
Speaker registration deadline
Thursday, 15 July
Conference Program - Final
Thursday, 22 July
Sending the final version of the conference abstract
Wednesday, 1 September (Extended from 29 July)
Submissions (2-page abstract) are welcomed for all the topical meetings. All topics under optics and photonics included. The topics are listed on each topical meeting site.
Each topical meeting has their own program committee and chairs who will review the submissions.
- Abstracts are submitted online via Conftool: https://www.conftool.com/eosam2021
- Authors are requested to submit a 2-page abstract, which is formatted according to the Submission Guidelines
- All accepted 2-page abstracts are provided to the registered attendees prior to the start of the conference
- All accepted, presented 2-page abstracts will be included in the printed proceedings available after the conference, published by Curran Associates
- The Authors retain the copyright of their abstracts.
- At least one author per submission is requested to register for the meeting.
Online, open access proceedings
For any author who wishes to be included in the online proceedings, published with EDP Sciences, in the Web of conferences, with DOI and indexation to CrossRef®, is asked to submit an extended abstract via Conftool, after acceptance of the original 2-page abstract is announced.
- Extended, 3-4 -page abstract submitted in Conftool
- Online proceedings available after conference
- Free of charge for all registered authors
- Publication in the online conference proceedings is included for one abstract per registration
- Further submission guidelines below
Please follow these guidelines when submitting:
The abstract should be formatted according to the template provided (either LaTex or MS Word)
Submit template as one pdf file: 2-pages, A4 paper size, 2-columns
Download Macropackage in LaTeX2e (125.18 KB)
Microsoft Word template
Download Word template for abstracts (33.08 KB).
Important when submitting
- Select the correct topical meeting ("TOM") in the submission phase (15 different TOMs to choose from). Double-check your choice.
Please note that the abstract may be rejected if submitted to the wrong topical meeting.
- The abstract should be written in English.
- Choose preference for either oral or poster presention (submission format)
- Select presenting author (this name will be added in the program). If no name is selected, the submitting author will be listed as the presenter by default.
- Students who wish to qualify for the best student presentation award, should click the corresponding checkbox in the submission phase.
- Choose "student presentation" if, and only if, the presenting author is a student.
- Upload your two-page abstract in pdf format (as one pdf-file). Remember to follow the submission guidelines.
- You will have a chance to make any necessary corrections to the abstract after acceptance is announced. Deadlines to be published.
Submission of the Final version: extended abstract (3 - 4 pages for online proceedings)
Any author who wishes to be included in the online proceedings, published with EDP Sciences, in the Web of conferences, with DOI and indexation to CrossRef®,
is asked to submit an extended abstract via Conftool, after acceptance of the original 2-page abstract is announced.
Authors are asked to submit the final version to Conftool by Wednesday 1 September, 2021.
- Make sure the file is a camera-ready PDF. Follow carefully the Pdf guidelines (301.52 KB).
- Extra care should be taken when preparing the authors and reference lists:
- The online references within the proceedings will be linked to their original source, via CrossRef, ONLY IF the references are correctly presented.
- The submitting author is responsible for ensuring the abstract is created according to the template and guidelines provided.
- Be careful, no extra corrections will be made after publication! You must carefully check your article, including:
- authors’ names
- references (which are the most common mistakes).
- Before submitting the camera-ready PDF file,
- Please check the quality of the final PDF document at http://pdf-analyser.edpsciences.org/
- Remember that
- Fonts must be embedded in all PDF files
- The quality of the digital images should be at least 300 dpi
Submit the publication right form
When submitting your 3-4 page abstract to Conftool, submit also this signed form. If this form is not submitted, the abstract will NOT be included in the online proceedings.
Download and sign the publication right form
- Once a paper has been submitted online, the publisher (EDP Sciences) only permits changes in cases of serious scientific error. In those cases, an erratum or a note is published according to the practices of professional scientific publishing.
- Publishing an erratum after online publication of the proceedings will be charged 300€ (Euros) per article by the publisher, except if the error is on the part of the Publisher.
After conference publication in JEOS:RP
After the conference, we offer you an opportunity to publish revised/extended version of your proceedings abstract in the special issue on
EOSAM 2021, published in the open access Journal of the European Optical Society, JEOS:RP. EOS members receive a significant discount from the APC fee.
Conference papers may be updated, or enhanced, for further publication as a regular journal article, including submission to journals not published by EDP Sciences. Journal articles derived from work previously published in conference proceedings must contain a substantial amount of new or previously unpublished results. Articles published in Web of Conferences can be uploaded on repository sites (like arXiv) provided the authors cite the source or, if not published yet, they add a note stating that the article is under consideration with Web of Conferences.
The copyright is retained by the author(s) under the Creative Commons Attribution license, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Authors grant EOS/EDP Sciences a license to publish their article and identify EOS/EDP Sciences as the original publishers. They also grant any third party the right to use, distribute and reproduce the article in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.