Full student members
Join the EOS as a student member and become part of the European optics and photonics community.
Take advantage of our vast network at the beginning of your career, and get connected!
All EOS Branch student members are automatically full student members of EOS and can join the following benefits.
Benefits & Advantages
- Reduced publication rates for JEOS:RP - the electronic Journal of the European Optical Society - Rapid Publications
- Free subscription to the Electro Optics Magazine published by Europa Science Ltd.
- Free subscription to the Advanced Optical Technologies Journal (AOT) published by DeGruyter (starting beginning of 2012).
- Free English Issue of Photoniques Magazine (automatically sent to your postal address unless opted out)
Topical Meetings & Conferences
- Reduced registration fees for all EOS events
- Reduced registration fees for all EOS co-sponsored events
Please see our event calendar to discover the events where your EOS membership can save you a lot of money (http://www.europeanoptics.org/events)
- Monthly EOS member newsletter (sent via email)
Distinctions, Travel, Voting Rights
- Full voting rights
- Opportunity for Fellow Distinction
We offer chances for enthusiastic and interested students to become part of our conference teams. This is a great way to network, get connected with the inner circle, and learn about the organization process of scientific conferences. We always offer opportunities like this first to our members. Student members can also contribute to local student clubs and much more. Join us and get connected!
The are two options to join as a student member:
1) Direct individual membership
Annual fee: 10 €. Payment options:
- Register as a member here to access the EOS membership subscriptions.
- Payment can be made via Paypal or wire transfer (invoice)
2) Individual student membership through an EOS Branch
Join us through an EOS Branch and get two memberships in one! All individual members of the below listed societies are automatically full individual EOS members with all benefits. The EOS membership fee is included in the fee of the below listed societies.
Select your preferred EOS Branch and click on the link for more information:
- DGAO (Germany)
- Photonics Finland (Finland)
- SFO France
- IOP Optical Group (UK and Ireland)
- SSOM (Switzerland)
- SOS (Sweden)
- SIOF (Italy)
- HOS (Hungary)
- LOS (Latvia)
Tel.: +358 50 592 4693